Summer day camps provide children and youngsters the first opportunity to spend a long time away from home which can have a long lasting impact on them. So, parents need to weigh several options while selecting the right camp.
What is your objective to send the child to a summer camp?
Apart from having good time with friends, you surely want your child to learn something new. You can consider the summer camp option if:
* Your child is having some special interests or you feel your child is having special skills which are not developing in home environment. You can surely explore this idea to let him/her pursue the interest.
* Being busy parent and unable to give enough time to the child but don’t want him to be glued to the TV or computer, such camps are a good idea to keep him busy and cheerful during holidays.
* Your child is too shy and unable to open up with strangers or lacking in some social skills, then let him/her experience summer day camps.
The cost factor
Summer day camps organized by non-profit organizations are inexpensive compared to private organizers. Sometimes, schools take the initiative too and such camps are also not too costly. You should enquire about any extra expenses they may incur like any special costume, transportation cost to some faraway place or additional cost for special sports activities. You should opt for that option which is cost effective and suits your pocket because you don’t want to jeopardize your monthly budget to help him attend a summer day camp.
The camp size and management
You need to consider the camp size too, i.e. approximate number of students attending the day camp and how it will be managed. Large camps need counselors to manage more campers. Sometimes It becomes difficult to manage a huge camp where few students tend to get unruly and mischievous thus spoiling the overall environment.
If you feel your child needs some special attention in areas such as confidence building or developing social skills or overcoming learning disabilities, you need to opt for a smaller camp with good counselors who will be of real help.
So, help your child to experience the outside world by choosing the right summer day camp and yes, don’t forget to take his/her opinion before finalizing.
Previous in this Category: Explore Popular Summer Day Camps and Enliven Your Holidays
- Summer Day Camps VS Sleep-Away Camps
- Summer Day Camps Types – Know Them Before You Pick Them
- Summer Day Camps – Best Holiday Gifts for Your Child
- Summer Day Camps - An Innovative Platform to Learn Discipline
- Participate in Summer Day Camp Activities and Add a Zing to Your Vacations
- Few guidelines to pick the right summer day camp
- Explore Popular Summer Day Camps and Enliven Your Holidays
- A Blend of Summer Day Camp Activities That Cater to Your Interests